BSC Nautical Science (3 Years Course)
B. Sc. NAUTICAL SCIENCE (3 Year Course)
- Pass in HSC / (10+2) from a Recognized Board With 45% Average in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics Subject)
- Minimum 50% Marks in English Subject
- Three Year Diploma Course in Mechanical / Electrical / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Three Years Diploma in Automobile Engineering / Machine Tools and Maintenance / Plant Engineering
- Three Year Diploma in Production Technology / Electrical Power System / Advanced Diploma in Tool and Die Making
- Age Limit : Up to 25 Years (Maximum)
- Vision : 6/6 in Each Eye, No Colour Blindness, No Spectacles Allowed
- Course Fee : ₹ 11,50,000/- (Education Loan Facility Available from the all leading Govt. Banks)
- Course Commencement : Course commences from 1st August of Every Year
Career Prospects for Navigation Officers:
This course will lead the candidates to become the Captain of the ship. Captain of the ship is also referred as Master mariner. On successful completion of this pre-sea training, the candidates are eligible to become nautical Deck Cadets on a board ship. The leading international shipping companies are regularly conducting campus interviews at the academy for the job placement. The academy assists necessary guidance for placement to the successful meritorious students.
This course consists of six semesters. The degree will be awarded by the University on the successful completion of Three years duration. After 3 years, the cadets will be joining as the 3rd officer on board the ship. They will have to obtain 12 months sea experience. On completion of 12 months sea experience, they will be promoted directly as SECOND OFFICER without any further examinations. With further sea service & exams, they will be promoted to Chief Officer and then becoming a captain of the ship.
Growth To become a Captain of the Ship: